Saturday, December 20, 2014

Repost: Wholewheat Snickerdoodles

Snickerdoodles

This very morning the crave for a good cinnamony biscuit hit hard and I remember this wonderful cookies I made back in 2009. Decided to repost because I think eventually I will have to move most of my posts in my archive blog here, just for practical reason. So here is my first repost. 

Expect to see other reposts soon :D

-------------------------------------------------------


...

What I love about these cookies is that, first, it was cinnamon and nothing but cinnamon. Second, it used wholewheat flour instead of white flour. To my palate, whole grain has more layers of flavour than the plain white one. And third, again, it’s cinnamon.

Was it good? Masha Allah, yes. (Perfect for rainy stormy season like this--ra).

I took the recipe from HillBilly Housewife, but I think it was very similar with the recipe from Allrecipes.com except that it uses butter instead of margarine. 

Wholewheat Snickerdoodles
Recipe adapted from HillBilly Housewife

Ingredients:
1/2 c margarine or butter
1/2 c sugar
1/4 c palm sugar
1 egg
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
1 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp salt
1 1/2 c wholewheat flour

To roll the dough in, mix:
2 Tbs sugar + 1 1/2 tsp cinnamon

Instruction:
  1. Preheat the oven at 190˚ celsius.
  2. Beat butter with sugar until fluffy. Beat in egg and vanilla extract until well blended.
  3. Add the dry ingredients, stir well with wooden spoon.
  4. Ball the dough, roll in the mixture of sugar and cinnamon. Arrange on a lined or greased cookie sheet, flatten with bottom of a glass.
  5. Bake for 10 minutes. Let cool on a rack, transfer to your.. mouth!

Happy baking :*

No comments: